The saying, ‘readers are leaders’ has become a popular notion known to everyone. If you check through the characters of great leaders of the World, one thing is common. They were/are great readers. Reading exposes you to New and thoughtful ideas, it is just like an baptismal service into the realm of insightful thinking. Indeed readers are leaders. Reading informs sound decisions making which is one of the features of great leaders.
Mark Twain said: “The man who does not read has no advantage over a man who can not read”. The obvious difference between two educated individuals is a reading habit. Reading creates a room to be adventurous. You can be in your room and visit the world via your book. It makes it possible for you to acquire 20years experience within a short period. To be a great reader, don’t ‘linear-read’. Don’t just read books because they are in your academic field, read out of the box. Read beyond your professional pursuits. You want to be a doctor, read books on finance, management, fiction, nonfiction and of course you can do medical book… Yeah!
I know, reading can be so tedious. Yeah, so ‘workful’ but the more you read, the easier it becomes. The easier it becomes the more fun you get from reading. The more you read, the more intelligent you become. The more intelligent you become, the easier is it to crack complex problems.
To help your reading ministry this year, below are some suggested reading lists for 2019:
- Purpose driven life By Rick Waren
- Becoming By Michelle Obama
- Rich dad, poor Dad By Robert Kiyosaki
- Tools of the titans by Tim ferris
- The heart of a champion by Bob Richard
- One night at a time by Arianna Huffington
- Girl, wash your face by Rachel Hollis
- A tale of two cities by Charles Dickens
- The scientist in the crib by Alison Gopink
- Mastery by George Leonard
- I know why the caged bird sings by Maya Angelou
- The secret lives of Baba Segi’s Wives – Lola Shoneyin
Start this year by reading a book per month. Remember to come to SGF for a thanksgiving…lol…
To be a social aware and digital, you must be a great reader!
Feature Image Credit : https://www.kqed.org